Below is the list of Peertasker’s Marketplace Rules. Click to view the terms under Terms and Conditions.
- All tasks posted on Peertasker must be legal and all Taskers must be legally entitled to perform the task.
- All tasks must be remunerated with money via Peertasker’s online payment system (PayPal, VISA or Mastercard credit/debit card) and may not be remunerated in cash equivalents such as gift cards or barter trades.
- Cash payments are not supported via Peertasker Pay. A Client must add funds to a task via PayPal, VISA or Mastercard credit/debit card when an offer is accepted, which is securly held in a Peertasker Trust Account. When a task is completed, the assigned Tasker will request payment and the Client will then confirm the task is completed by releasing funds.
- It is advisable that Taskers provide their bank account details for payment to be done upon completion of the tasks, in which the amount should be reflected in the bank account within 24-48 hours.
- You must be over the age of 18 to use Peertasker.
- Every individual’s account is non-transferrable.
- Peertasker accounts must represent the individual completing the job with valid and accurate personal details. If your offer is accepted, you are legally responsible for the provision of the agreed services as part of the Task Contract. Subcontracting of tasks is not supported and should be avoided at all times.
- Members may only have a single, active account for being a Tasker or/and a Client on the platform and any duplicate accounts will be removed if identified. If you are both a Tasker and a Client, you should have 2 separate accounts as they have differing functions.
- All Peertasker members must adhere to our marketplace rules. Failure to comply will result in suspension from the marketplace.
- Members need to ensure that they have provided Peertasker with the correct banking and personal details for released funds to be transferred into.
- It will take within 24-48 hours for the funds to be reflected in the Tasker’s bank account after the transfer takes place upon completion of task.
- Offers placed with hourly or quote based must be totalled to the full amount per task. (e.g. “I will work for $20/hour, task takes 3 hours, thus total amount = $60)
- Pricing for offers placed must be final and when an offer is accepted, the Client is not obliged to pay any additional fees within the Peertasker marketplace.
- Peertasker is a marketplace for services and not a discussion forum or a place to promote other websites or corporate services. Comments that are considered off-topic, aimed at influencing other user’s offers or derogatory towards the Client will not be supported and may be deleted at any time.
- Content that contains profanities in the chat group, description, or reviews, used in the context of a personal attack/insult will be removed immediately and may result in the suspension of accounts.
- Disclosure of private contact details or 3rd party links are not allowed to be shared in any public area of the site (e.g. Business Websites, Facebook/LinkedIn/twitter, contact details, personal websites). This includes within comments or attachments.
What you can't post on Peertasker Please ensure that you carefully read the following list of tasks/activities that are NOT supported on Peertasker and may result in your tasks/content being removed and/or your account being suspended.
- Tasks that are non-task based or has no deliverables. e.g. If it does not have a clearly described scope of work to be completed, a specific start and end time or an unconfirmed or hourly priced budget.
- Any illegal services or scams.
- Business advertisements or corporate services.
- Job advertisements requesting to sell services or requests to be hired for jobs.
- Tasks, attachments or comments which advertise private contact details, third party services or websites.
- Tasks or comments that are considered derogatory or off topic (nothing related to Peertasker’s scope).
- Commission or sales based tasks, e.g. “Bonus for every X flyer distributed”, “earn $100 for every sale you make”
- Financial return or financial transaction based requests, e.g. “Paying 10% interest for min of $500 deposit”, “sign up to a service and get $xx in return”.
- Harvesting user contact details, lead generation/sign up requests or competitions.
- Request for fraudulent reviews or misrepresentations of assessment, e.g. “Leave me a 5 star review”.
- Assignment based or assessment related tasks, e.g. “Complete my university assignment” or “Do my homework”.
- Actions or comments that may cause distress or jeopardise other members on the marketplace including any representatives of Peertasker.
- Anything related to weapons or unlawful activity. This includes soliciting, inducing or encouraging illegal acts or requesting goods or services in furtherance of a crime.
- Escort or adult related services.
- Tasks, pictures or content which is obscene or sexually explicit in nature.
- Services that promote hatred or violence against specific groups or people.
- Any requests relating to drugs, including prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia. Over-the-counter medicine and common product is acceptable.
All tasks must comply with applicable local laws and regulations. Don't post a task nor comment if it's not legal. (Eg. Drug-related, e-cigarette, contrabands, fake branded goods, etc) Do not share your own or any other individual’s private contact details (such as full name, email, home address or phone number) in any public area of Peertasker such as the chat system. For your safety and to maintain the integrity of the Peertasker marketplace, we suggest that you only communicate through Peertasker private messaging or calling service. Members have control over the final amount they wish to offer to complete a task (i.e. they may offer higher or lower than the listed price). Any comments that are considered trolling, aimed at influencing/defaming other member's offers or derogatory towards the Client’s budget will not be supported. If you suspect a Tasker or member who may have violated these policies, please report it to Peertasker and email to email@example.com with the Subject Title “Report Abuse” and we will review it accordingly.
As engagements are agreed between you and a 3rd party of your selection, all agreements are final between the Tasker and Client. Peertasker is not responsible for any disputes and refunds that resulted for any reason. If you feel you may have been the victim of a crime, document what happened and contact the police. If a crime has taken place in relation to a Peertasker transaction, kindly check with us so that we advise if we are able to assist in resolving the matter. We will advise that you seek the guidance of the relevant authorities for matters beyond our scope, for appropriate action to be taken.
Peertasker members are people from our local community and they may even be someone you already know, so treat your Clients or Taskers with respect so that we can enjoy being part of the happy Peertasker community.